Are you looking for some natural home remedies that helps you get rid of dark lips permanently then your at the right place as here I have shared some of the most effective DIYs that will help to lighten your lips.
There is no doubt that everyone gest attracted to rosy, soft and pink lips, but having dark lips should not be a reason to disappoint yourself as it is not permanent and you can actually reverse that effect. Yes, you can make those dark lips turn into baby pink lips by following these remedies.
But before moving on to remedies lets see what makes lips appear darker so that you can avoid these habits if you want to get pink lips.
Why Lips Become Darker?
There are a number of reasons that make your lips look darker. So let us see what are these reasons.
2. Direct exposure to sunlight
3. Allergic condition or reaction
4. Using degraded quality cosmetics
5. Eating Tobacco
6. Excessive caffeine intake ( Drinking more coffee and tea )
7. Biting your lips
8. Hormonal imbalances
9. Excessive scrubbing of lips
10. Vitamins deficiencies in the body
11. Consuming too much alcohol
12. Not keeping your lips hydrated
13. Not drinking enough water
14. Not taking a balanced diet
So these are some of the major reasons that make your lips darker. So apart from trying the below-given home remedies also make sure that you take care of the point given above.
5 Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark lips
So let us jump to the main topic and see how you can get rid of those dark lips by following these home remedies which are super easy to prepare and hardly require any efforts.
1. Sugar and Coconut Oil Scrub
The very first remedy is to scrub your lips using sugar and coconut oil.
How To Use
- You simply need to mix ½ tbsp of sugar with ½ tbsp of coconut oil
- Gently massage the mixture using on your lips in circulate motion
- After 2-3 minutes wipe it off with a cotton or clean towel
- Use this remedy alternate days for better results
2. Lemon and Sugar Scrub
Another great remedy to get rid of dark lips is to use scrub using lemon and sugar as lemon is high in Vitamin C and contains bleaching properties which help lighten the lip tone and sugar, on the other hand, removes all the dead cells from the lips making them softer.
How To Use
- Take a lemon cut into half and ½ tbsp of sugar
- Coat the lemon ( from where it cut ) into sugar
- Massage with that lemon and sugar for at least 4 minutes
- Wipe off the mixture using cotton or clean towel
- Use this remedy twice a week
Caution – If you have cracked or any injury on the lips then avoid using lemon as it will give you the burning sensations.
3. Dried Rose Petals And Honey For Dark Lips
Well if you want to get that rosy lips then how can you not use rose on your lips. Rose petals contain anti-inflammatory properties and have soothing properties, while honey has some really effective anti-bacterial properties and is full of antioxidants which will help you get rid of dark lips at home.
How To Use
- Take a tbsp of dried rose petals and mix it into a tbsp of honey
- Mix both the ingredients well
- Apply the mixture on the lips and massage for 4-5 minutes then wash it off using cold water.
- Use this remedy thrice a week for effective results
Extra Tip – If you don’t have dried rose petals then you can replace the same with rose water.
4. Beetroot Juice To Lighten Lip Colour
Have you ever chopped the beetroot and noticed the dark red color pigment? It’s due to betalains which are high in antioxidants and comes with many potential skins benefit. Apart from that the VItamin A present in beetroot is helps in regulating the blood circulation and removes all the dead cells from the skin.
How To Use
- Take a beetroot and extract all the juice out of it
- Apply this juice every day and leave it for 20 minutes on the lips
- Wipe it off using a cotton pad
- You can also apply this juice before going to bed and leave it overnight, wash off in the morning
- This home remedy can be used on a daily basis
5. Vaseline And Sugar To Make Lips Softer
You all must have used Vaseline on the lips in order to get rid of chapped and dry lips, but that doesn’t help in lightening the lip color but if you use it with sugar it becomes a great scrub which helps in removing all the dead cells and moisturizes the lips at the same time.
How To Use
- Take ½ tbsp of Vaseline and mix ½ tbsp of sugar in it.
- Gently massage on the lips using this mixture
- Wipe it off using a cotton or a clean towel
- Use this remedy thrice a week for better results
So these are some of the most effective home remedies to get rid of dark lips permanently. These are easy DIY effective home remedies that will give a pinkish color to your lips. Most importantly always use some good quality lip balm to keep your lips hydrated.
If you are someone who has a busy hectic schedule and is running out of time then you can simply scrub your lips using a regular toothbrush while brushing your teeth. This will help you remove all the dead skin and dirt from your lips which will eventually make your lips lighter and smoother.
(Though this process takes a little longer to work)