Hair is the most crucial and defining part of our body, if you have good and shiny hairs you can conquer the world but in today’s scenario, one of the most common problems faced by us is the dry scalp and hair fall.
In a study, it was found that approx 60% of people in India face hair fall and one of the probable causes of hair fall is the dryness. There are many possible reasons for dryness but the most common reason is using the wrong shampoo. There are many brands and companies that claim to make the best shampoo for dry hair in India but actually some of them are just fooling you for the sake of money.
Reasons For Dry Hair
There are many reasons that cause dryness in your hair. Some of the most common reasons are:-
Pollution is one of the leading causes of dry hair as it makes your hair fragile, rough and damage them. Long term exposure to pollution not just makes your hair dry but also causes excessive hair fall.
Suggestion: Always cover your hair with a scarf when you are out in a polluted environment.
2. Nutritional Deficiencies
Most of us are not aware of the nutritional deficiencies that our bodies are facing. It may be due to the busy schedules and challenging life that we often forget to eat healthily and rely more on junk food which eventually reflects on our skin and hair. If you start taking essential vitamins and minerals in your diet you will soon notice a visible difference in the quality of your hair.
Suggestion: Include more green leafy vegetables and protein-rich food in your diet.
3. Frequently washing your hair
Everyone wants to keep their hair clean and fresh but that does not mean that washing your hair regularly is a great option as it excessive hair wash results in severed dryness and flaky scalp.
Suggestion: Wash your hair only once or twice a week.
Water not only hydrates your internal but also hydrates your hair. Lack of water in your body results in dry skin and dry scalp which eventually leads to increased hair loss and makes your hair thin and fragile.
Suggestion: Drink at least 2 litres of water throughout the day.
5. Excessive usage of styling products
If you use too many styling and heating products on your hairs then your hair tends to get dry and rough. So always try to avoid such products as far as possible.
Suggestion: Always use a heat protecting spray before using any styling products.
Best Shampoo For Dry Hair In India
If you are always sceptical about selecting the right shampoo for your hair then do not worry here we bring you the 10 best shampoos for dry and frizzy hairs.
1. Tresemme Keratin Smooth With Argan Oil Shampoo
Tresemme Keratin smooth is one of the best shampoos that Tresemme has launched. It is a perfect choice for people with dry and frizzy hairs. Unlike other shampoos, it has low sulphate formula and is enriched with argan oil which acts as a moisturizer for your hairs. Moreover, it also contains keratin which provides the protein to your hair and makes them stronger.
- Low-Sulphate Formula
- Suitable for natural as well as chemically treated hair
- Makes hair smooth, straight and frizz-free
- Affordable price
- Pleasant smell
2. L’oreal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Shampoo
L’oreal is one of the leading and well-known brands when it comes to skin and hair care products. 6 oil nourish shampoo by Loreal is a great shampoo for dry hair in India as it contains six essential oils (Almond, Argan, Jojoba, Camelina, Coconut) which nourish your hair and make them frizz-free and smooth.
- Smoothens hair
- Prevents hair fall
- Restores moisture in the hair
- Treats split ends
- Gives shine to the hair
3. Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo
If you are someone who is looking for the best shampoo that repairs chemically treated, coloured or damaged hair then this shampoo will be a perfect choice. Though it is on a higher side but it is worth the investment as it brings back the lost shine and moisture in your hair.
- Perfect for chemically treated and damaged hair
- Makes hair smooth and soft
- It has an antioxidant formula that reduces hair fall
- Sulphate, phosphates, and parabens free
- Treats coloured hairs
- Higher price
4. Mamaearth Happy Heads Hair Shampoo
If you are looking for a shampoo that contains natural ingredients then this shampoo is a perfect choice for you. This shampoo contains biotin which nourishes and moisturizes the hair. It also contains amla which makes your hair stronger and shinier. As the products of Mamaearth are exclusively made in India, you can consider this amazing and best shampoo for dry hairs in India
- Moisturizes the hair.
- Prevents hair fall.
- Makes your scalp healthy.
- It contains all-natural ingredients.
- Cleanses the scalp.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Free from any toxins.
- It is also suitable for chemically treated and coloured hairs.
5. Wow Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Apple Cider Vinegar is proven to combat any scalp infections and prevents dryness.It is also great for removing dandruff from your hair. So this shampoo is a complete power package shampoo for your hair. It contains unpasteurized and unfiltered apple cider vinegar along with sweet almond oil and argan oil to nourish your hair.
- Prevents and treats any infection in your hairs
- It gently exfoliates the scalp and clears out all the accumulated dirt and pollution from your hair.
- Free from harmful chemicals like sulphate and parabens.
- Regenerates cells and promotes hair growth
- Keeps your hair frizz-free and smooth.
6. OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo
OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo is perfect for people who have chemically treated or coloured hairs as chemically treated hair loose Keratin from hairs over time. So this shampoo makes sure to fulfil the deficiency of the same.
- Makes hair stronger.
- Perfect for chemically treated and coloured hairs.
- It has a sulfate free formula.
- Straightens and smoothes the hair.
- Nourishes the hair.
- Soothing smell.
7. Garnier Ultra Blend Mythic Olive Shampoo
If you are looking for a budget-friendly shampoo that nourishes and smoothes your hair then this should be your go-to choice as it contains virgin olive oil that fights roughness and dryness. If you want to play safe and do not want to try out any new brand then do consider this shampoo.
- Nourishes and protects hair.
- It contains antioxidants that provide nutrition to the hair.
- Makes your hair manageable and drizz-free.
- Cleanses the scalp
- Reduce hair fall
- Adds shine to dull hair
8. Herbal Essence Bio:
Renew Clean White and Strawberry & Sweet Mint Shampoo. The Real Botanicals In this shampoo is endorsed by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London. This shampoo is perfect for damaged and dull hair as it removes all the dirt and impurities from your hair.
- Restores moisture in the hair.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Free from any parabens and silicones.
- Protects coloured and chemically treated hair.
- Helps in Eliminating split ends.
- Removes dirt and gunk from hair.
- Pleasant Smell
9. Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Repair Rescue Reversilane Shampoo.
Schwarzkopf is a well-known brand when it comes to hair care products and this shampoo works wonders for dry and chemically treated hair. The formula strengthens and makes the hair softer and smoother.
- Great for chemically treated hair.
- Smoothens and straightens the hair.
- Adds shine to dull hair.
- Reduces hair fall.
- Boosts hair growth.
- Amazing scent.
10.Wella Professional Fusion Intense Repair Shampoo
Well before going into the science of this shampoo you are going to fall in love with the fragrance. Yeah, it is that amazing. It will give you a feeling of a spa at home. This shampoo is perfect for people who are facing severe dryness and roughness. Though it is on a more pricier side but the results are tremendous.
- Perfect for severely dry hair
- Nourishes the hair
- Repairs damaged hair
- Contains essential amino acids
- Reduces hair fall by preventing hair from breaking down.
- Wonderful Scent